Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

University Coursework Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sham12345

Hi!

I've recently posted some threads but none seems to be replying, I really need some help & would really appreciate it if anyone could help. I have to write a report on my Idea, it doesn't actually have to be carried out, just has to work in theory & have to show everything I would need to actually build it, showing circuit diagrams etc..

This is the Idea:

Each pocket rail on a Snooker table will have a colour sensor, the colour sensor analyses the ball once it has been potted and sends the data wirelessly to an Electronic scoreboard for the points to be put up, not every aspect of the game can be technically achieved therefore we have decided to add a remote control with extra functions such as; count fouls, deduct add points for players, switch from player to player.

My Problems are:

1. How am I going to connect 6 Color Sensors together? this it the color sensor

this it the color sensor

2. How is the Data going to be wirelessly sent to a Micro controller on the Electronic Scoreboard which then can display the points.

3. How is the Remote control going to communicate with the Scoreboard.

Please any help and links to products would really be helpful. I'm just a beginner in this kind of stuff, hope someone with the knowledge can assist me.

Thanks!

I've recently posted some threads but none seems to be replying

I think the idea of homework / coursework is that you do some research and come up with your own ideas on how you might solve the three problems.

When you have come up with your own ideas, I am sure forum members will come up with constructive criticism and suggest possible improvements.

At the moment your posts convey the message " Urgent - I need someone to do my homework for me"

You need to show significant effort, then others are usually happy to help.

EDIT: Sorry - just realised that I am not a moderator - ignore the above - who am I to judge? - must learn humility

Last edited:
If you are just a beginner and can't do the task, you should give up the course and start at a lower level.
It is pointless getting someone else to do the work for you.
Are you going to carry on this attitude when you eventually get a job?

Your first step should be to download and study the full technical details of the color sensor.
You then need to research data transmission protocols supported by that sensor and by the remote control and decide which wireless/IR modules are appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back