Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Universal power system need guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK NAIR

Hi all,

I need to make power supply which can give 110V/50Hz AC output in all the input voltages cited below,
100/50Hz,100/60Hz,110/50Hz,110/60Hz,220/50Hz,220/60Hz,

Looking for good guidance to design this power supply. Pls let me know the concept design and other things.

thanks in advance.

Is the output frequency of 50HZ really that crucial?

If not , then a variable transformer or Variac seems like a simple solution.

tansis said:
Is the output frequency of 50HZ really that crucial?

If not , then a variable transformer or Variac seems like a simple solution.

output freq is fixed either 50Hz or 60Hz.because i wanted to drive a motor with this drive ,which is designed for either of two freq.I have two motors. any one motor can be used to create the traction.And more over if we are using variac like device the size will be huge.space is one of the proble which iam facing in this.So i would like to know is it possible to do with a solid state drive like PWM based delta drive.
I have one AC drive ,but it will work only if the input to the drive is 200-250V.if it goes less than this voltage it will not start at all.more over output voltage is directly proportional to input.so slight flectuation will spoil the motor some times.
please let me know your valuable suggetion in this reg.

Just how big a motor are you using?

This sounds more like an industrial problem rather than a hobby project.

For large motors, the most efficient supply would be an AC alternator and variable speed DC drive motor. For 2 or 3 HP, you could use a solid state inverter. Different output voltages would be obtained by transformer taps, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back