Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unit impulse function, unit step function, unit ramp function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, MrAl. It was really kind of you.

MrAl said:
BTW, is the book wrong again with the first set, where we have a single pulse? The two composite functions they have shown as the presumed solution dont add up to that single pulse function, they add up to twice that.

Are you sure? As far as I can see the solution is correct. Both composite functions will add up give a single pulse with height of "1". The height of composite functions is abs(0.5) and I think this is where you are making mistake reading the graph. To tell you the truth I did the same when I first looked at the solution; I thought solution was incorrect. Thanks.

Regards
PG

Last edited:
Hi again,

Ha ha, yeah, because they made that little tick mark opposite the "1" wayyy too small.
These are some of the worst graphs of anything i've even seen in a technical writing.

In the attachment i redrew that graph clearly showing the tick marks, but notice that other graph just to the right of the other one has a tick mark that surely looks to be greater than -1 yet it has a -1 next to it. Terrible :)

Here's the redraw of that one function anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back