Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unique 2 way switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaidimam88

i need a switch that has a characteristic of turning on and off by the same pulse....
suppose initially switch is on...wen a pulse of say 5v is suppld to it ,it becomes off.......when dere is no pulse it remeins off..

again wen it is off and a pulse hits it it turns off and wen thers no pulse it remains on..

and so on nd on........
please help me ...i need it urgently.

Last edited:
zaidimam88 said:
i need a switch that has a characteristic of turning on and off by the same pulse....
suppose initially switch is on...wen a pulse of say 5v is suppld to it ,it becomes off.......when dere is no pulse it remeins off..

again wen it is off and a pulse hits it it turns off and wen thers no pulse it remains on..

and so on nd on........
please help me ...i need it urgently.

hi,
Its called a 'Bi-stable switch', the output 'toggles' ON for a pulse then 'OFF' for the next pulse and so on,,,,

There are many integrated circuits that can do this.

Search Google for 'flip flop'. 'bistable'.

Tell us what you are trying to do with this ON/OFF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back