Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unipolar stepper with ULN 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajit Barve

:?:
Hello guys.
I have bought a 4 wire unipolar stepper motor.
I want to drive it with microcontroller 89C52. I am using ULN 2003.
What should I connect to free wheeling diode terminal (pin 9). Obviously I am asking becoz it didn't work with that pin unconnected.
Do i need any additional circuits except 2003 to drive motor? Motor doesnn't have any common suply terminal.
Ajit

I don't think you can drive a bipolar motor from a ULN2003, bipolar motors require an H-Bridge to drive them. If you do a google search for 'stepper tutorial' you will find plenty of helpful sites.

Bipolar doesn't have any common supply termenial.
Simple 4 wire = bipolar
5wire till 8wire can be used both bipolar + unipolar motor. I assume you have bipolar then.

Simple way to connect bipolar is to buy a driver for it.

If u want simple stuff i am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back