Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

understanding data sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in figure 6 it's probably referring to the TO-3 package, if you look at figure 1 you'll se that this the same configuration for the TO-3 package.

Last edited:
Something to consider that was very helpfull for me was to learn to refer to the legs as the manufacturers do. So you should have an emmitter, base and collector, or a gate, drain and source, rather than pin numbers because different manufacturers use different pin outs to do the same thing and if you get too used to doing pin number X does a certain thing you may end up letting the magic smoke escape from some of your stuff. And most if not all makers use EBC or similar labeling on there parts. Just a thought.
Bob

As Asford noted, the pin numbers differ with the package type as shown in Figure 1. The pin numbers shown in a particular schematic often refer to one package type, but unfortunately that's not always stated in the notes. The schematic may have been generated for the original design when only one package type was available.

As Asford noted, the pin numbers differ with the package type as shown in Figure 1. The pin numbers shown in a particular schematic often refer to one package type, but unfortunately that's not always stated in the notes. The schematic may have been generated for the original design when only one package type was available.

Seems like sloppy specmanship to me.

Brian, no such thing as stupid, I am about as dumb as the come, but learning is what it is all about. Once I started to understand what certain components do then I could sorta get how to hook em up and what they were supposed to do if I hooked em up different ways. Once that kinda falls in place it gets a lot more intuitive, but till then keep concentrating on the basics and adding as you go along. I dont know about you, but I am having a blast. Bout as much fun as I can have with my clothes on!!!!
Bob

Look at the real datasheet, not a poor copy.
National Semi invented the LM317, not ST Micro.
National does not use pin numbers on their detailed datasheet, they use the names of the pins to avoid confusion.

reason for use

Look at the real datasheet, not a poor copy.
National Semi invented the LM317, not ST Micro.
National does not use pin numbers on their detailed datasheet, they use the names of the pins to avoid confusion.

I bought this part at radioshack a while ago and no longer had the given datasheet that came with the part. I tried to use the radioshack website to get the pin layout, but after reading all the threads on the radioshack sight. I found that the everybody said that radioshack pin layout is wrong. Somebody on the sight said to use the ST Micro datasheet. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
I've heard that sometimes the chip and IC versions of the parts might be mirrored because the die is upside down from the IC part.

Last edited:
RadioShack knows nothing about electronic parts. Their detailed spec's are usually just the weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back