Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Understanding Central Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i havent really achived a lot with my keyless entry system,
still operates lock/unlock.alarm still going off.havent got the diodes yet but may have to try that way.ive astablished that the wires at the back of the barrel got to a connector at the bottom of the door,asumeing this is a motor of some sort to operate the other doors?connecting a meter to negative(body) and other prong to brown/red wire the brown/red wire gets a voltage when i lock/unlock useing key or button on inside of door.when i do keyless button for lock/unlock the back of the barrel doesnt actually move.do i go to the brown wire at the connector with the unlock wire?.next problem i dont know which other wire to connect to as it has to go through the anti theft box mounted in drivers kick panel.looking at it,to me ,wld be some wires to feed in and some to feed out after the box does its stuff? i read about it being orange and black for alarm disarm...there is two of them.looks like one each side of anti theft(feed in/feed out).any ideas?.....how come i get voltage at the brown wire in the door? ..sorry for long question but i think ive explained it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back