Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonics receiver filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayxee

Dear all,

I am trying to design a filter for ultrasonics receiver. My schematics can be downloaded as shown. Before triggering the transducer, I probe the output from the first stage and the noise is nearly 40kHz which is the same as ultrasound. Then, after triggering the transducer, the output from the first stage is shown. Now i face with how to eliminate the 40kHz noise. Any suggustion about how to improve this schematics would be appreciated.

Attachments

• before triggering.JPG
    before triggering.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 149
  • after triggering.JPG
    after triggering.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 187
  • schematics.JPG
    schematics.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 185
Just set your trigger level high enough over the noise floor that it doesn't trigger. Those scope shots show that your signal level is quiet high compard to the noise signal. You can't filter out 40khz noise from a 40kz signal a filter circuit can't tell the difference between noise and signal if the frequency is the same because there IS no difference.

Last edited:
Sceadwian, Thank you.
I guess when the ultrasonics receiver works, it generates such a 40kHz noise. The basic requirement of my project is not to generate such a 40KHz noise. How should I modify the schematics? The "+" of the receiver is connected to "IN" and the "-" of the receiver is connected to GND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back