Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Tape Measurer ! HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickc

I'm doing a project on an ultrasonic tape measurer. Has anyone done this before, or have an idea of how it would definetly work ?

At the moment i have the idea of using an Emitter and Receiver , when the signal is emitted i use that signal to set a D-type which enables a counter to count, wen the signal is recieved by the receiever, it changes the output of the the D-type so that the counter is Inhibited. Therefor the counter counts the time between the singal being emitted and recieved. I got the electronics worked out, just wondering if anyones got a better idea of how to do it ? please hellp me !

thankyou

nickc said:
I'm doing a project on an ultrasonic tape measurer. Has anyone done this before, or have an idea of how it would definetly work ?

At the moment i have the idea of using an Emitter and Receiver , when the signal is emitted i use that signal to set a D-type which enables a counter to count, wen the signal is recieved by the receiever, it changes the output of the the D-type so that the counter is Inhibited. Therefor the counter counts the time between the singal being emitted and recieved. I got the electronics worked out, just wondering if anyones got a better idea of how to do it ? please hellp me !

thankyou

If you do a google search there's lot's of ultrasonic measuring projects about - quite a few use PIC's, it replaces a load of other chips and makes it more versatile. One important thing is to transmit a short burst of sound, then wait before listening for the echo - the initial transmitted burst overloads the receiver and you have to give it time to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back