Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendyck

Seed plant
I'm looking for a sensor to hang into the top of a wheat bin
and read the grain level on my computer.
any help out there? thanks Ben

Try searching on silo level indicators. I grew up on a farm - the silo was where we put chopped hay and cord. A "silo" is also used to describe a storage structure (usually round) used for all sorts of granuallar and powdered material. Not sure what your background is so I thought this might help.

We used a lot of level indicators in one area that I used to work in - for plastic pellets that were similar in size to grains of wheat. There was quite a difference - static electricity and ethylene gas were concerns that we had to address. There have to be a million kinds of them, each with their own cost, complexity, reliability, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back