Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Radar Project Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyman3820

i am currently working on a project which is located at this website
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/sensors/007/index.html

i am encountering a few problems with this circuit

i am not sure how it is supposed work

one of the transducers is giving off a noise signaling that it is transmiting but im not sure how to tell if the other transducer is receiving

i am also wondering what i should put at point 7 and 8
should i put a relay there?

if you see any errors in the schematic please point them out

also if anyone has built a working prototype of this ciruit please say so

I would greatly appreciate it

Hi Crazyman,
C1 shorts the received signal on the schematic but the pcb has it correctly grounded.

It looks like the circuit was designed to use a very old opamp for IC1 that needed C3. Now it uses a 741 opamp that does not need C3.

Use a switch between points 7 and 8 to latch the output when it is turned on. When it is turned off then the beeper or relay at the output will activate for each movement the circuit detects.

I don't think it will be sensitive and I don't think it will detect somebody wearing a sweater or a coat. Unless they move in front of a close wall.

I don't know if your hand reflects much ultrasound. It will block a reflection from a wall behind it.
I don't think the project is sensitive.

Inexpensive PIR motion detectors that people have for their driveways and alarms pick you up 15m away. They use infrared, not ultrasound.

My ultrasonic rangefinder "sees" my hand just fine out to about 1-1.5 meters, but detects harder and flatter objects better at a distance. It can see a wall up to just under 3 meters away, and appears to be limited mostly by the timeouts I set in the code.

I don't know about your circuit; mine is just a simple 8051 uC using opposing output pins to drive a piezo transducer plus an op-amp receiver to detect the bounces.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back