Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic driver for this part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

here is the datasheet i got with it off ebay for 20 or 40 $, my intention is to use a 40khz timer circuit feeding an AND gate which will feed my mosfet(497-3110-ND MOSFET N-CH 60V 350MA TO-92) but im not sure how much voltage to supply to the device, or how much current to supply,

am i reading it correct that its 1000v supply @ 50ma>?

Attachments

• BDdoc.doc
    477 KB · Views: 128
An AND gate won't provide enough current to charge/discharge the gate capacitance of the FET quickly enough to give clean switching at 40kHz. A lot of power will therefore be dissipated by the FET. An intermediate current amplifier stage is needed. Check out forum threads concerned with power inverters / power switching.
If the datasheet says 1000V (I haven't read the doc file) then that is what you should aim for for maximum drive capability: the specified FET can only handle 60V.

so what transistor should i use for this? i seen a schematic on the web that uses a hbridge, but i'd rather just double my source voltage if i can, would a BJT work better?

also please check that the datasheet says 1000v i think it does but i want to be sure, does that sound right?

MAYBE you would have a simple schematic that would work? again im gonna feed the pulses with an and gate..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back