Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic cleaning.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tek_.

hello,

I've do some research about Ultrasonic Cleaning and I've found how it's work but so far i've didn't found advantage of Ultrasonic Cleaning:confused: .Anybody here know and want to share with me some info about advantage Ultrasonic Cleaning coz i really need to know it.Thanks....:)

Mostly its for soft or delicate items that would be scratched or damaged. Jewelry is one example. Gold scratches easy, and something like a watchband would really suck any other way. I do the blades on my electric razor every few months, big improvement.
Doesn't seem to remove rust or oxidation. Don't have a big enough unit to do a showerhead to see if it works on mineral deposites.

Asd

It cleans complex shaped items with lots of little crannies that you can't get into without the possibility of scratching or damaging the item.

Is ultrasonic Cleaner under the Ultrasonic Sensor?If I'm wrong,can tell me the truth...thanks

Sensor

What do you mean ultrasonic sensor? An ultrasonic cleaner produces waves waves in the cleaning fluid at an ultrasonic frequency to clean the item. The ultrasonic cleaner would be in a bowl that is somehow connected to something to produce ultrasonic waves.

i still confused..you mean ultrasonic cleaner is interconnected with ultrasonic sensor?

Is piezoelectricity under Ultrasonic Sensor? piezoelectricity are used in Ultrasonic Cleaner as what?thanks

I believe that most ultrasonic cleaners work by having a large piezoelectric plate attached to the outside of the metal basin. when the plate is excited it vibrates and transfers the ultrasonic vibration to the liquid in the basin.

large amounts of ultrasonic vibration in the liquid causes "cavitation" at the surface of objects that are placed in it, essentially little temporary 'bubbles' at the surface that are actually a vacuum, which quickly collapse, and work to suck dirt and grime off the surface.

tek, you need to explain what you are actually trying to find out. ultrasonic cleaners do not involve sensors. different piezoelectric devices can be used as ultrasonic transducers and sensors, but those devices would be much smaller and completely differently designed from the large, high-power piezoelectric devices used for ultrasonic cleaners, so there is not much direct relation.

Ultrasonic cleaner is NOT ultrasonic sensor. Ultrasonic cleaner and ultrasonic sensor are two different machines. Ultrasonic cleaner does not sense ultrasonic waves. Ultrasonic cleaner only make ultrasonic waves.

Piezoelectricity are things that change shape when you apply voltage to them. Apply a changing voltage and they keep changing shape. You can use this changing shape to make movement and to make ultrasonic waves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back