Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

skk008

i want to design an ultrasonic cleaner. my first question is how to design a circuit producing ultrasonic waves?

That's the easy part, you can do it with a 555 timer. Check an internet near you for details.

Harder part's getting the transducers and mounting them in a way that works. I saw a project like this where a guy epoxied piezo speakers to a metal container and did it that way. I think the project was in the "Amateur Scientist" column of Scientific American, about ten or fifteen years ago.

Have you seen these ultrasonic humidifiers and mist generators? They aren't very expensive, and could be helpful in this.

This thread is almost a year old, didn't get far.

There are small, commercial units for cleaning jewelry, $30-40 range. I use one to clean my electric shaver, and a few other things, $18 surplus years ago. You need to decide how big you need the tank portion, most I've seen are stainless steel, must be some reason for that, beside being shiny and corrosion resistant. Then you need to find the volume of your container, should leave some splash room. Next step, would determining how much power you need from the transducer. Too little, you might as well scrub by hand, too much and you have a messy fog machine. The tough part, sourcing the appropriate transducer, which should come with a spec sheet, from which you can design and build the driver. I've look into both ultrasonic cleaning and fog machines, both very similar. Been a few years, and transducers were a little illusive in my price range. Piezo speakers weren't design for this, and doubt they can handle the load.

thanks alot .Now Im looking for a drive circuit for my PZT and the frequency is about 42KHz. I wanna make a cleaner ultrasonic for fruits ,can u help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back