Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic cleaner control board

Status
Not open for further replies.

excaliberprime

I have a ultra sonic cleaner that I use often. The unit does not have a on off swith so I unplug it when not in use. I used it then unplugged it now after plugging it in it will not power on. When I unplug it the control board will beep once and the lcd will flash five on one side so I know the control board is getting power. It's a ps80a ultrasonic cleaner by a company named jeken. Any one know where I can get a replacement control board? Or how I could find a local repair man everyone only seems to repair tvs.

Attachments

• 20151007_111605.jpg
    20151007_111605.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 225
Simple question...how do you know it is the control board which is defective, and not the power supply itself?

I don't other than the control board is getting power. The control board only reacts when I first unplug the power cord it lights up one diet with a 5 and beeps.the control board controls the time the unit runs and the temperature control. I honestly have no idea what the units problem is.

Checked for voltage at the conto board and I'm getting 0. So now I'm confused why it beeps when I unplug it. The board shows I should be getting 5v

Call the manufacts see if they will help, probably not but worth a call, '5' may well be a fault code that will point you to the fault.

Unless there are SMT components on the back, all I can see are thru-hole components.
And the displays are not LCD but vintage 7-segment LED.

Well, the first obvious is, the power supply that you have checked.
The other would be to determine if the crystal is oscillating at its rated frequency.
Look for obviously burnt or discolored components.
Inspect solder joints. Many times cold-solder joints make intermittencies.
Buy yourself a can of freeze spray. Spray at different components at the time to weed out intermittents.
Measure each resistor, one by one, with your DMM and check the resistance value.
Likewise the diodes. And bipolar transistors.
Pray.

But without a schematic................................... I can't really offer a good analytical advice.

If it's worth anything, a particular MAXIM-IC chip will power up that way if not initialized. I read it elsewhere. SO, your problem may be elsewhere. See: **broken link removed** and do a few page searches for "MAX". (currently bottom of the page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back