Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlt57sooner

I need to send an ultra sonic signal approximatly 200 ft one way and receive the signal with an ultra sonic receiver. Does anyone know of any good ultrasonic reciever and transducer driver circuits. Also does anyone have any recomendations as to some good ultrasonic transducers and receivers.

mlt57sooner said:
I need to send an ultra sonic signal approximatly 200 ft one way and receive the signal with an ultra sonic receiver. Does anyone know of any good ultrasonic reciever and transducer driver circuits. Also does anyone have any recomendations as to some good ultrasonic transducers and receivers.

200 feet is an awful long way for ultrasonics, what are you trying to do?.

Tracking

The ultimate goal is to have an electronic golf caddy follow a golfer around the golf course by using ultrasonic sensors. Normally the caddy will be only 10 feet behind the golfer but we want to have a maximum range of about 200 feet. But this is just one way without echoing. In other words a second reciever and transducer will be on the golfer to send the signal back.

Re: Tracking

mlt57sooner said:
The ultimate goal is to have an electronic golf caddy follow a golfer around the golf course by using ultrasonic sensors. Normally the caddy will be only 10 feet behind the golfer but we want to have a maximum range of about 200 feet. But this is just one way without echoing. In other words a second reciever and transducer will be on the golfer to send the signal back.

The old ultrasonic TV remotes worked only to about 20-30 feet, and that's with the transmitter fed with around 40V p-p, and high gain amplifiers on the receivers.

I suspect you will need to do a lot of research and experimentation to try and increase range to around 200ft?.

Short-range RF might be a better idea, though I don't know of any good way to indicate directions. Perhaps a rotating directional antenna on the caddy and some relative angle/signal intensity control firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back