Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultra small dual supply digital potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

col_implant

Hey,

I'm implementing a variable gain amplifier (+/-3V) and im currently using an Analog Devices AD5280 digital potentiometer. works quite well however it's size is unacceptable for our implant

There are some really tiny potentiometers out there (eg Maxim MAX5128, 2mm squared) but they are rated for 5.25 rail rail. Similiarly any other small one I have found is designed for max of +/- 2.5V, and rated at 5.25.

Im wondering if anyone might have an idea of some suitable device, small as possible preferable QFN package or similiar. Resistances of anywhere 10-100 k in a min of 128 steps is desirable

Thanks

col_implant said:
There are some really tiny potentiometers out there (eg Maxim MAX5128, 2mm squared) but they are rated for 5.25 rail rail. Similiarly any other small one I have found is designed for max of +/- 2.5V, and rated at 5.25.

Read the datasheet...the MAX5128 can operate from 2.7V-5.5V

dknguyen said:
Read the datasheet...the MAX5128 can operate from 2.7V-5.5V

Yes i does say that. However I have been in contact with Maxim apps engineers, the say dual supply operation has been verified for +/-2.5V

col_implant said:
Yes i does say that. However I have been in contact with Maxim apps engineers, the say dual supply operation has been verified for +/-2.5V
Oh, I see. YOu need dual supply. I've can't remember ever hearing of anything that was of +/-3V personally. Maybe you have to find a +/-5V one and use it at 3V. I guess something like that might be labelled as 10V single supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back