Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultra Lightweight open source FTP client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again Robin2,

I used Gnu profiler to try to fine the bottle necks in my software. For the embedded syste, I got the data rate up to 12MBS, also for the client running on my laptop. The problem was I was using commands to find control characters, such as 'newlines' for parsing the data. Now those commands examine data a single byte at a time, obviously they were wasting alot of time. Also, as you noticed, I was passing the 'strlen' function to every call to send. Now, I create an array of integers that hold the string length, and just pass the cell of the array into the function call. That speeded things up by a little. Think I've taken it as far as it will go on my laptop. I'll need to find another way to generate data bursts for rate testing.

Thanks for hanging with me on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back