Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultra high efficiencypower supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I would like to buy a design for power supply

The Power supply spec:
1. Input voltage: 100vac - 270Vac (Wide input)
2. Output constant current: 400mAmp.
3. Output Voltage: 48vDC
4. Ultra high efficiency around 90%
5. Max mechanical Dimensions: [L x W x H] : 25cm x 1.0cm x 0.8cm
6. Max cost 8USD.
It is preffered to implement by Microcontroler (additional cost) like Microchip in order to use PWM at the output and remote communication.

Thank you
Yehuda

Hello, **broken link removed**

You're dimensions are not going to work. There is not even enough room to have traces, much less have room for anything else.

25cm x 1.0c with only 0.8cm for height?

I think you're trying to control too many aspects of the design process at once. That is, cost, size and features. pick only two of the three.

I think the smallest SMPS I've seen are the cell phone wall plugs, and even they are larger.

Last edited:
The higher the efficiency, the larger the supply. Especially with such a colorful input range.

Might I suggest just using a battery?

Last edited:
Multiply your volume by a factor of 50 and your cost by a factor of 10 and you will be in the more plausible size and cost range.

ultra high effidiency power supply

Dear member,

have already same dimensions and price but only 70% efficiency.
I can get more length instead of 20cm can be 25cm.

Thanks,
Yehuda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back