Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ULN2003 and ULN2003A

Status
Not open for further replies.
xiaobai00 said:
are they operating at same voltage or different? one with A is 12 or 5v?

As far as I know the "A" suffix just means it is in a standard DIP plastic package.
There is also a version with an "L" suffix to mean surface mounted SOIC.

hi,

Ref attachment.

Last edited:
xiaobai00 said:
are they operating at same voltage or different? one with A is 12 or 5v?

ULN 2003A Darlington arrays doesn't need any voltage.

To operate a transistor the +VDD voltage path is coming through the load - through collector - & emitter through ground.There is no +VDD pin in it.

I think you mean the signal input voltage?

But the MAX current can handle to each channel will be very important.It can supports to MAX 50V load per channel.

er.. what i mean is ULN 2003A is operating at 12V or standard TTL logic level, +5V? I just want a straight answer, thanks.

xiaobai00 said:
er.. what i mean is ULN 2003A is operating at 12V or standard TTL logic level, +5V? I just want a straight answer, thanks.

The table I posted tells you what the ULN2003A accepts as inputs, its a General Purpose ALL types.

OR do you mean what can it switch??

xiaobai00 said:
They are just darlington transistors. They do not have an operating voltage. They can drive a load with a supply voltage up to 50V.

Look at the datasheet. The ULN2003A has a series 2.7k input resistor so it can be driven from 5V TTL or from 5V to 15V Cmos signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back