Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UL certified wire (without PVC) ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i´m searching for an UL certified wire without PVC.
Any ideas which manufacturer has them (europe)?

which UL certification are you looking for? There are at least 60 different UL certifications related to wire. 35 different UL ratings for non-pvc wire.
Search "wire" at Digikey.com, then select hook-up wire (single conductor wire) and then search on ratings (select the various UL ratings in the list. This gets you stared - Digikey ships globally but at least, you can understand the UL ratings available and some wire manufacturers names.

gophert:
thanks for the page "Digikey.com" it was new for me (live in Germany).
the specification says the following:
Wiring between component devices and parts shall be Listed , 600 V, stranded copper type, rated 90°C or higher. Wiring in dc circuits of 48 Vdc or higher shall not contain PVC insulation.
As my dc circuits are 110V i need wires without PVC. I will use AWG 16-10 if possible.

There is an insulation material selector to pick/exclude pvc. Many options exist. I don't know what is allowed in your application because there are so many exclusions - there is a reason for 62 different UL rating associated with wire. Good luck.

Thx for the answer. I want to supply control cubicles for gas isolated switchgears. can you tell me how i can exclude PVC in the filter? Somehow it is for me just possible to select the materials.

Thx for the answer. I want to supply control cubicles for gas isolated switchgears. can you tell me how i can exclude PVC in the filter? Somehow it is for me just possible to select the materials.

you Have to go through the list of about 40 materials and select, by name, the items that do not have PVC or "polyvinyl chloride" in their name. It's annoying and takes about 2 minutes but it is easy enough.

Possible looking for LSF (Low Smoke and Fume) or Zero Halogen.

It is a long time since I had to look for such things, the nomenclature may have changed.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back