Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UK Supplier for ES Lampholder

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeybiter

Not quite electronics but does anyone in the UK know of a UK supplier of 'batten mount' ES/E27 mains voltage lampholder? i.e. a bulb socket that is fixed to a wall etc with two screws and accepts screw cap light bulbs.

Thanks for any pointers.

Not quite electronics but does anyone in the UK know of a UK supplier of 'batten mount' ES/E27 mains voltage lampholder? i.e. a bulb socket that is fixed to a wall etc with two screws and accepts screw cap light bulbs.

Thanks for any pointers.

I would if I could, but I cant as I am not living in the UK!

Masterofall

I just found one here:
**broken link removed**

Looks like they are still rare in the UK. The last time I bought anything with an ES was from Ikea where much of their lighting uses ES bulbs.

Thanks for those picasm and Mr Gibbs. I had looked at Farnell already but obviously not hard enough.
It's for reptile vivaria and I will need something to withstand a 100W bulb, so I may have to keep looking or look abroad!
What's strange to me is that the majority of reflector and spot bulbs available are ES but there's this almost complete absence of fittings. I suppose most people only use them in 'decorative' lamps etc.

Have you check out your local DIY store, Do it All, Homebase, Wilkinson etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back