Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UHF & VHF - antenna design for TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaw just keep things simple and find yourself a coat hanger, then construct this::rolleyes:

**broken link removed**

SHAHRAM_MOJTABAIE said:
I need information about UHF and VHF dipols for TV application.
plz send me datasheet or links or ...

thank you
SHAHRAM
At those frequencies, single dipoles have such a narrow response as to be nearly useless. You would need one antenna per channel assuming you could get a dipole to have a 6MHz. bandwidth.

I remember my old Channel Master TV antenna fondly. It was the biggest and the best one they made in about 1965. Of course I had a rotor for it and got so many stations that most weren't listed in the TV guide. I got up to 3 stations all on the same channel but from different directions. I could aim the antenna at a building to get the clearest reflection.

Now with the hundreds of channels and delayed broadcasts from the other side on my continent on cable TV and sattellite TV then nobody buys TV antennas anymore.

I receive many Canadian stations fairly well. I even get Detroit and Buffalo stations. My antenna is a simple FM yagi with no rotor! If I were to get out storage, dust off, and mount my good TV/FM antenna to my Cornell Dubilier rotor high up on 30' tower, I would prolly be able to receive the stations that Santa watches! I overlook Lake Erie way in the distance! Oh lookie, there's an auto accident on the QEW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back