Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Uhf RF Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEALE

Hi guy's,
This is my first post on this forum, I have always had an interest in electronics and radio.
And now thru an unrealated hobby I now would like to become a lot more involved in electronics. I am also studying for my amatuar licence.
But more immediate for me is I am wanting to look at building a uhf amplifier.I could buy the amplifier off the shelf. A little more detail for, I fly model aircraft useing a uhf TX piggy backed off a standard RC unit, I use this system for a better link. The uhf Tx takes a PPM stream from the RC unit and transmits it over spread spectrum on a portion of the uhf band. I would like to see if it is possible to build an amp for this myself, although I can just buy for about $250.00
I thought this may be a good place to start. I can solder so-so and thats about it, I do not have a clue where to start!
Neal

Assuming such a device is legal? - which sounds dubious? - BUY ONE!!.

A model aircraft is an EXTREMELY dangerous weapon, you can't take chances with it's reliability.

Yes they can be, over many years I have seen some scary things!.
Legal? No
Reliability. Parramount
Yes to buy would be the easy way, I am looking at useing an old PA from a commercial 2-way as A starting point.
Neal

MHW910 or any of the Motorola or Mitsubishi RF modules.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do. But if you get a ham radio licence first, you'll have a much better idea of what to do and how to do it safe and legal.

My model airplanes use 2.4GHz for radio control. The reliable range is farther than I can see.
One time my airplane was so far away that I couldn't see if it was upside down or if it was coming or going. So I shut off its motor and let it glide into a tree or into the river. A guy on a bike saw it land on the path and he brought it back to me.

My electric model airplanes are not weapons. The biggest one weighs 90 grams and flys slowly. If it hits you then you laugh.
I have seen huge, heavy and very fast model airplane weapons at air shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back