Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

udp/tcp port

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.man

hi guys,

i'm trying to install a license server on windows server 2003. This license installation requires a connection to port 1287. during the installation process i've to test the conectivity but it fails.
what might be the problem?

A connection on port 1287 to where?

... inbound to the server from other machines on the network?
... outbound from the server to other machines on the network?
... outbound from the server to some place on the Internet (e.g., Microsoft?)

Is there a firewall in between the systems that need to talk to each other? The port may need to be opened up on the firewall if there is one.

Configuring the Server

For a project I need machine to machine communication through a mobile phone network using GPRS. I have got the static IP address of a server. I am using GSM module with each machine.I understand that in the server side different port numbers are to be assigned to my machines and I have to configure each of the GSM module with these port numbers and static IP. Also i understand that in the server side an application has to be developed to route the data sent to the server from one machine to other ports.
I am looking for some guidance on how to do this in the server side. Can you please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back