Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UCC37322 Mosfet driver question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pax Writer

Hey experts

First off, I'd like to thank you knowledgable people who answered my previous post "Is a DC-motor an inductive load". That was a very informative thread for me.

But, moving on, I'm building a simple motor controller using a UCC37322 to drive two IRF3205s, but I'm not quite sure whether I should put a gate resistor on each of the gates of the two mosfets. Do any of you here have experience with this IC, and can you help me find the answer to this, probably easy, question?

I looked in the data sheet, but didn't find any answer there. I also googled and found lots of interesting sites which also didn't provide an answer.

Thanks in advance.

A low value resistor (10 ohms to 100 ohms) in series with the gate of a Mosfet and mounted close to the gate's pin stops the Mosfet from oscillating at VHF and UHF frequencies which cause it to heat and fail.

Thanks Guru, I thought the answer might be exactly that. I already had one 10 ohm resistor for each of the gates, but I just thought that maybe technology had made some sort of leap I wasn't aware of.
I'll keep the resistors, then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back