Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UCC28019 boost coil equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

Hi,
i dont know why there is D(1-D) in equation. Duty/Frequency stays for time... But why 0,5*(1-0,5)...
L= V*t/Iripple
1634542106197.png

page 28
thanks

If you plot a chart from d=0.1 to d=0.9 compared to d(1-d) you will see that 0.5 is where it peaks. They are simply using the worst case.

Mike.

If you plot a chart from d=0.1 to d=0.9 compared to d(1-d) you will see that 0.5 is where it peaks. They are simply using the worst case.

Mike.
Thanks pommie for reply, now i get that d*(1-d) is biggest when duty is 0,5. But i still dont know why is there d*(1-d) in eq. instead of just d or (1-d).

It symmetrically "shapes" the result to peak at 50% duty; eg. that give 0.25 while eg. 10% and 90% both give 0.09

biggest when duty is 0,5. But i still dont know why is there d*(1-d) in eq. instead of just d or (1-d).
For that "biggest" equation it would be "0.5d". But for all duty cycles it is d*(1-d).
Worse case duty cycle = d/2=0.5d,,,, For any duty cycles d*(d-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back