Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Uc3842 current mode pwm controller - how to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelwolf

I picked up a lot of the above chips, and was trying to find a simple test circuit...
Found this circuit on a Chinese site... Built it, and nothing.
DATASHEET
**broken link removed**
Also found this test circuit, but I do not have a 110VAC to 12vac PS. I was wondering if 12VDC would work? Since the two diodes would filter the AC to DC, right? Or am I missing something.
preview_html_7fcd3dcd.gif

Thanx. Seems like that will take some reading, and the acquiring of a few more parts. The Low Power Buck Regulator in fig 30 looks like it something in my skill level. Am I reading correctly that the Under voltage lockout UVLO requires a voltage over 16v to start the IC?

Yes, 16Volts is needed to start it running. The 3842 is optimized for off line power supplies that will have a high value resistor charging a cap up to the start voltage. Then the supply runs for a few milliseconds on energy in that cap until an additional winding on the transformer starts supplying the operating power.

The 3843 is an identical device but with a startup voltage of only 8.5V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back