Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UC2906 Sealed Lead-acid charger I.C pros and cons

Status
Not open for further replies.

k7elp60

I am considering using the UC2906 Sealed Lead-acid charger IC for a charger. I would like to here pros and cons about your expericence with this IC/and or chargers built with this integrated I.C. The UC3906 is the same except for the temperature range.(u2906 is -40C to +70C while the UC3906 is OC to +70C)

A little more information. I am working on a system of LED night lights for in the yard. I live in southern Utah where the daytime temperature can reach close to 120°F in the summer and in the winter go below freezing.

This IC tracks the temperature and adjusts the charge voltage the changes. I will be using small solar panels to supply the power. The solar panel I have chosen will produce 283mA at 17.1 volts in full sun light.

Your comments please.
Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back