Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UBW again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizier87

Built it, managed to have it detected, but how do I disable the handshake as stated by the UBW page?

Also, is it detected as an RS232 COM port device or USB? I had it in under Custom USB Device, but the COM port couldn't be configured,

as the UBW page stated:
4) Point windows to the C:\MCHPFSUSB\fw\Cdc\inf\win2k_xp_vista32_64 directory.

but when I did point it accordingly, I got this:

'the wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently installed'

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 113
The UBW is supposed to be detected as a COM port. It uses a virtual com port driver on the PC end.

They are talking about disabling the handshake on your terminal emulator. In most cases you set flow control to none. When you write your own program to talk to the UBS you need to be sure the com port is set for no handshake via you program.

so the bootloaader hex you provided in the UBW page is already configured for that, eh? How do I fix this problem (stated in the first post)?

They are talking about disabling the handshake on your terminal emulator. In most cases you set flow control to none. When you write your own program to talk to the UBS you need to be sure the com port is set for no handshake via you program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back