Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Uart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananth85

Hello,
Bro i am Ananth here,I need help regarding this project.I have attached together the information regarding my project. I need help regarding interfacing my UART. I am planning to use a stand alone UART chip. If I use a microcontroller with UART I will face problem in the software part as there is ADC and DAC in my project. I need to know how can a stand alone alone UART chip could be used. My supervisor has also wished that i used a stand alone UART ic to communicate.Could anyone help me on this issue.

Attachments

• scan0006.gif
    scan0006.gif
    80.5 KB · Views: 130
HI

Hmm, i also need both UART to communicate using RF.No way of making a UART to communicate by itself without a microcontroller. Once the data is out from encryption sending it to the the UART Tx and receiving it at Rx via RF

ok,as u c my attachment,a PIC would have a build in A/D converter in it so is it i can use the a/d coneverter and UART at the same time. The A/d is 8bit but the encryption needed to be done in 16 bit and UART only communicate in 8 bit. How to work this out

An 8 bit controller can do 16 bit things, it just does them 8 bits at a time. You should probably start with some simple programming before attempting a complex project.

once the data is converted from analog to digital using my pic i need to encrypt it using X-OR or or i can make the PIC to do it before send it to the UART to transmit

THe PIC has to do it before you send it over the UART. THe UART doesn't do anything on it's own (except blindly sending whatever information has already been placed into it's memory).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back