Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

what is proper syntax for this for me to type in on my uart tool(pickit) to access raw commands?

the example is in C but im still waiting on my tutorial books....

Attachments

• GPSManualV1.1-1.pdf
    303.1 KB · Views: 322
I don't know your tool. These are at TTL levels, so if you want to use RS232 you would need a converter.

The example 0x00 Get firmware returns two bytes for hardware and firmware revision.
This means sending 2 nulls or 00000000 00000000 base 2 and then getting 2 characters back.

The communication mode has to be set too.

The PicKit should interface with that Parallax module directly, except you will probably need to wire-or the TX/RX pins on the PicKit (since the Parallax module has only one pin for I/O).

Since you're tying the TX/RX lines together (hopefully you place something like 1-10k on each line before connecting them) on the PicKit, you will see an echo effect. Everything you send to the Parallax module you will see it echo back to the PicKit screen (hopefully followed by the Parallax's module response). If using RAW mode, you will want to send and receive the commands/responses in HEX (by pressing the HEX Mode on the PicKit window).

He will not need a RS323 converter The pickit2 Uart tool is TTL you just set it for 4800 baud rate set to send Hex and have at it.

Here what the Uart tool looks like

Attachments

• Uart_tool.PNG
    Uart_tool.PNG
    42.8 KB · Views: 212
Yes I got it to work on my demoboard by doing that "or" thingy , I used code for now as a buffer

"rawoff" mode works RX receives OK

when in raw voltmeter says TX makes it to gps, but no feedback(anywhere), i think its my commanding, is it as simple as typing: 00 OR do i type $00 (in the uart tool)?
tool works like hyperterminal and others,

here is my code if we think that is the problem:

THis code is to link gps through demoboard to tx/rx

portb3 = power indicator
portc5 = raw mode
portc4 = gps data pin
portb6&7 = tx/rx

Attachments

• GPSRAWtest886.asm
    2.5 KB · Views: 126
hye brothers
seriously i need a help with my project
i want to make temprature sensor with lcd 16x2 by using pic16f877a and the reading send over max232 through serial port and take the reading from the pc
so plzz brother if anyone can help me
with the code in mikroC
and the whole circuit and the programe that i can use to get the received reading

iam thankful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back