Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART to VS 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackBurn8

Hi ,

Does anyone have any example or website how to use VS 2008 to UART in microcontroller to receive data. I have found many but it is either in VB6 and it uses MSCOMMS that is not available is VS 2008.

Thanks.Any help is appreciated.

If all you want is to receive data from the UART of Microcontroller you can use this method.
1) Add a Serial Port component to a form.
2) Change desired properties ( i.e. Baud rate..)
3) Call the Open() method in the Serial port control instance. eg : serialPort1.open();
4) Then you can use any of the following methods to receive data from the serial port
Read(), ReadByte(), ReadChar(), ReadExisting(), ReadLine()
eg : int onOfBytesRead = serialPort1.Read(receiveBuffer,0,serialPort1.BytesToRead)

I just gave you some guide lines. Hope you'll be able to manage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back