Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART Message Display Softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayan Soyza

I'm finding a software that Displays UART Msgs coming from a PIC IC.At the moment I'm watching through Hyperterminal.Is there any other software with a Nicer Interface & with Coloured Fonts with some more features which supports the COM ports to recieve Transmitted msgs from a PIC.I got another one called PRO COM but its a DOS based Software.

Thankx

Could always send ANSI colour codes to hyper terminal.

William At MyBlueRoom said:

Ya its working. little bit advanced than hyperterminal......I'm finding a way like this.....let say I'm working in the computer (any work) whenever the inputs coming to the PIC(at any time) it detects and displaying in the computer.In this case like hyperterminal I have to always minimize in the task bar.It wont appear automatically.

hi gayan,
I have just posted a RS232 serial debug program on www.manorts.com/phpBB
its named amcomm1.zip. Download and unzip, give it a test drive and see it
meets your requirement. [ you will require the free VB runtime files from microsoft].

I would welcome any comments you may have on the program.

If you have Visual Basic 5 in your PC, I could send you the source code, so
that you modify the code to suit your project. Send me a PM if yes.

Its written as a RS232 debug utility tool, with lots of features.

Regards
EricG

ericgibbs said:
hi gayan,
I have just posted a RS232 serial debug program on www.manorts.com/phpBB
its named amcomm1.zip. Download and unzip, give it a test drive and see it
meets your requirement. [ you will require the free VB runtime files from microsoft].

I would welcome any comments you may have on the program.

If you have Visual Basic 5 in your PC, I could send you the source code, so
that you modify the code to suit your project. Send me a PM if yes.

Its written as a RS232 debug utility tool, with lots of features.

Regards
EricG

Thanks for your Software.I'm searching some Terminal Softawres, already I found some different ones.most are trials except fews.I must get into work them and I will post the latest news.

thankx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back