Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Typing notification in chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSpit

Hi,

Would it be possible to investigate the implementation of adding a small animation in chat to show when someone is typing? Perhaps next to their name in the sidebar "..." or "is typing" could appear next to the appropriate name? This would help avoid comments getting mixed up, we can see when someone is adding some extra information, or is starting a topic, etc.

Many thanks

Sparky

Sparky and I were discussing this in chat, I too think it would be a helpful addition, if it's not too much trouble.

Not for or against but I have to wonder if doing so is going to suck up a bunch more cpu time? Thinking not.

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. I don't expect it would be too much of an issue, but EM is certainly the one who would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back