Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two or more PICs...How many osscilator

Status
Not open for further replies.

amerotke

Hi to all;

I want to use a lot of PICs on the one circuit. How many I will need oscilator and how will I connect them to PICs. Thank for help

If you use an external crystal oscilator (not a crystal by itself with the PIC driving it) you should be able to put as many PICS on it as you want, within reason, how many is "a lot"
You might be able to send the signal coming off a pic running on it's internal crystal driver by feeding it into the oscilator input of a 2nd PIC but this isn't usually recommended.

Last edited:
Sceadwian said:
You might be able to send the signal coming off a pic running on it's internal crystal driver by feeding it into the oscilator input of a 2nd PIC but this isn't usually recommended.

Funny?, MicroChip datasheets used to show you how to connect multiple PIC's in that exact way!.

But for the OP, we really need to know what he's trying to do? - often if it's an unusual request, it's because the basic premise is wrong?.

Yeah, I thought about it a bit more after my original post, you're right Nigel.

He's probably still working on that bracelet so his robot can follow him.

His previous threads are a hoot.
thank you for your information. I am not sufficient in programming and I know a bit knowledge about PIC s.. THis machine must be small as it can be as. I will let it in a golden package ( as human body can tolerate golden good without immun reactions). I couldnt understand how I can use single chrystal but coupled oscilator.
What happens when the robot gets hit by a car, falls down an manhole, hits a curb, stairs, etc... Building such a robot would require a fair amount of skill.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Dear Sir;

There are a lot of barriers between me and my goals. One of them is time. I am a surgeon. Electronic is my hobby. When I find time to interest with it somebody needs my surgical skills. Other barrier is my language. I learned english with myself. No help, no any education. I wish you understand me. I didnt understand if I will use one crystal oscilator for 2 or 3 PICs yet. No long sentences for answer....yes...or no.....thank you

amerotke said:
Dear Sir;

There are a lot of barriers between me and my goals. One of them is time. I am a surgeon. Electronic is my hobby. When I find time to interest with it somebody needs my surgical skills. Other barrier is my language. I learned english with myself. No help, no any education. I wish you understand me. I didnt understand if I will use one crystal oscilator for 2 or 3 PICs yet. No long sentences for answer....yes...or no.....thank you

Is that a so advanced big project? Very rarely taking two or more PICS, if so it’s getting more complicated. Will try to do with a one PIC, it can do more advanced projects from one PIC than you expect. Still cannot decide a solution for you until you give us what you trying to do.

What experiance do you have with PICs?

Perhaps you should learn to use one properly becore you consider using two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back