Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two Digit, 7 Segment Display Counter For A Hand Steady Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo2005

In my Systems and Control class I am designing a hand steady game. This is to teach people hand eye co-ordination. I am aiming to make it count every time the "wand" touches the wire. I have managed to get a circuit from the program "Crocodile Clips" (A picture of this circuit is attached). This works well but i do not know how to transfer this to a PCB. Can anyone help me or make a better suggestion of how to make this circuit successful?

Thanks,

Stevo2005

Attachments

• Electronic Counter Circuit.GIF
    Electronic Counter Circuit.GIF
    19.8 KB · Views: 582
To make a PCB you start by drawing a rough layout on paper and arrange the ICs so as to minimise the track lengths and the number of cross overs.

It is a trial and error process, so do it in pencil.

Draw it looking at the component side so the tracks are in "xray" view.

Then find a PCB layout software so you can lay it out & produce a print from which the PCB can be made.

There was a thread recently about making PCBs. See "My first PCB" in Electronics Chat.

Last edited:
I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a suggestion for your circuit. You might want to add a non-retriggerable one-shot or a debouncer between your wand/wire "switch" and the clock input. If you don't, you will almost certainly get multiple clock pulses every time they touch.

I agree with ronh, debouncing is a very good idea.

I'm not sure you should create a PCB for it, especially if you've never done it before. Why not lay it out on perf board? It's a pretty simple design and shouldn't be too hard to wire up point-to-point.

If you insist on a PCB, I recommend you get eagle. cadsoftusa.com. it's free but will take some learning.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back