Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two Current sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterpops

Hi!

I'm wondering if there will be any problems connecting the current sources in this way? Will I damage the current sources in any way?

My teacher said he had a problem with ground loops.

/P

Attachments

• test..jpg
    test..jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 198
Get a new teacher!

Your teacher appears a bit looped. There is no ground loop and your connection will cause no damage to the current sources.

So there will not be any damage to the current sources?

Look at this simulation: I am using a zero voltage source V1 to show that NO current flows along the ground connection between the current sources. Note that the simulator shows 0.11 femto Amps, which is within the numerical noise of the simulation! Note also the voltages at A and B, and the differential voltage between A and B. The X-axis is the resistance of R2.

Attachments

• D84.png
    D84.png
    37 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Your teacher appears a bit looped. There is no ground loop and your connection will cause no damage to the current sources.

Sooo.. just to be sure (because i'm new to this).
If i connect the black wire (the minus one) from current source 1 to the black wire of current source 2.
The red wire of CS1 to the input of R1 and the red wire of CS2 to the input of R2
Then connect the output of R1 to the output of R2 and then to the black wire of any of the current sources?

Sooo.. just to be sure (because i'm new to this).
If i connect the black wire (the minus one) from current source 1 to the black wire of current source 2.
The red wire of CS1 to the input of R1 and the red wire of CS2 to the input of R2

The first two steps are fine. That is all your diagram showed. The voltmeter you showed in the diagram by definition is a very high impedance device, so draws no current.

Then connect the output of R1 to the output of R2 and then to the black wire of any of the current sources?

I don't understand this at all? This was not part of your original diagram?

The first two steps are fine. That is all your diagram showed. The voltmeter you showed in the diagram by definition is a very high impedance device, so draws no current.

I don't understand this at all? This was not part of your original diagram?

Hmmz? Isn't it? Look at my new diagram, is that okay?

Attachments

• test1..jpg
    test1..jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 186
You second diagram is just an upside down version of your first. It is topologically the same as what I simulated.

You second diagram is just an upside down version of your first. It is topologically the same as what I simulated.

Yes but you said you didn't understood this
"Then connect the output of R1 to the output of R2 and then to the black wire of any of the current sources?"

You understand now what I mean? :)

Attachments

• test2..jpg
    test2..jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back