Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two circuits ground do not match

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtcx

Guys this is my first posting in this site.I used to post in wikipedia's reference desk, but before few days I got to know about this site. well, about a worst problem that I'm facing.
I have two digital FPGA design boards which use digital ground all perfectly designed 4 layer PCB(2 layers for double side ground). These two boards have two major FPGA chip soldered along with some leds and switches. Now the case is that I use to send data(sda) from one to another using one data bus and one clock line(sclk).Along with this a ground and a ready signal is provided(4 wires). Problem here is that the leds in the receiver board flickers when I connect as usually.This should not occur,coz that is not how it's programmed.IC is programed to display received data from sda.When I provided one more 2nd wire for ground, this problem is solved,program works as expected.I get data displayed in led.No flicker.so 2 ground wires are required to solve the case. I use 5V Dc supply seperatly for these 2 boards. Why isn't the ground shorting with one single wire? perfectly. I tried using big wire,fat wire,shielded cable and also measured the resistance between the two boards ground after shorting with 1 wire but it's almost zero.Noise level is under normal level.Please suggest me if there is any way that I can overcome this.It appears so strange and crazy in electronics!.I guess it's not ringing/looping since it's purely digital ground with isolation. Thanks

One more!, My clock freq is about 200KHz and data freq is ofcourse down to that.....provide me some hint guys...

hey

hey dear ... what is your Q ? you are not saying enough info to help u ...may you send a vary clear Q to be answered ??
bye
catch u later:)

☼☺☼coool☼☺☼ said:
hey dear ... what is your Q ? you are not saying enough info to help u ...may you send a vary clear Q to be answered ??
bye
catch u later:)

first it was siiisooo and then it was AND_ACE, which i believe are both the same person, and i recon you are those two as well???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back