Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two 4-20mA sensors one plc input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjarni

Hihi

I need to read two 4-20ma signals, but i only have one input on the plc(computer).
The sensors get 24v Dc. Can i use some kind of current loop, resistor etc?

Please let me know if u get the answer.

Parallel: sensor 1 10mA sensor 2 maybe 10 mA. Devide by 2 to get signal between 4-20mA

I am not sure what you are getting at or why this is automotive?

You apparently have two sensors that are powered by 24 VDC, would that be correct? Each sensor has an output of 4 to 20 mA which is very common. You do not mention what the sensors are measuring? You don't mention what the PLC input is supposed to be? If the PLC input is voltage you would run each current output through a precision resistor, for example 4 to 20 mA through 500 ohms gives you a 2 to 10 volt input, 4 to 20 mA through 250 ohms gives you 1 to 5 volts. That said if you have a single input you would MUX (Multiplex) the inputs. You can't simply parallel sensor outputs. What exactly are you trying to do?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back