Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tv tuner box with coax to component?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearlyred

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a projector and would like to be able to watch certain things on it from normal tv, ie concerts, sports etc. The projector has no input for a coax lead and no built in tuner, so one option would be to run the coax through an old tv or video and then output via component/s-vid to the projector. however this is quite bulky and would look silly in my new home theatre.

What I want is some sort of tuner i can plug the aerial coax into and then output the tv channels to the projector.

Anyone have ideas how i could accomplish this, if possible?

Cheers
PR

pearlyred said:
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a projector and would like to be able to watch certain things on it from normal tv, ie concerts, sports etc. The projector has no input for a coax lead and no built in tuner, so one option would be to run the coax through an old tv or video and then output via component/s-vid to the projector. however this is quite bulky and would look silly in my new home theatre.

What I want is some sort of tuner i can plug the aerial coax into and then output the tv channels to the projector.

Anyone have ideas how i could accomplish this, if possible?

Build a TV tuner - but (more sensibly) use the one from a VCR, if you get a really old one, the tuner and IF circuits will be on a seperate board, you can easily remove them and built a tuner round them.

buy a WIN TV card for your PC and feed the proj. via the HD15 connector as RGB +sync. You can also play PC games on the big screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back