Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV sound problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I have a 2 year old VIZIO 42" flat screen TV. Watching TV with sound about 30% volume the sound gets lower and lower and lower. I turn the volume up to 50% and the sound gets lower and lower and lower. I turn the volume up to 75% and it gets lower and lower and lower. I turn volume up to 100% and it gets lower and lower and lower. Volume at 100% sound gets so low I almost can not heat it. If I start switching channels, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, and don't give the TV a chance for the sound volume to come ON then when I stop switching channels I have a higher volume than before. I can turn the volume down to 50% about for a few minutes it starts getting lower and lower and lower like before until there is almost no sound. If I turn the TV off for a few minutes when I turn on back on I have a higher volume but within a few minutes volume gets lower and lower and lower. After 5 minutes of watching TV volume is too low to hear.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is and if it can be fixed?

Nothing is made to be repaired anymore everything is disposable. I bet I need a new TV?

Sounds like something is getting hot. A freezer spray may help locate the fault.

Mike.

is TV being tuner/1st in audio chain?

you describe behavior of it, but not environment of it...

Pommie.. Yes, but, it could also be capacitive.... we just don't know enough..
Did it behave well for Years previous? (POO.. I hate vague)

Last edited:
is TV being tuner/1st in audio chain?

you describe behavior of it, but not environment of it...

Pommie.. Yes, but, it could also be capacitive.... we just don't know enough..
Did it behave well for Years previous? (POO.. I hate vague)

YES it has always worked. It worked the first couple of years. It has been having this problem for a few months.

Environment? Environment is the bedroom. It is about 3 ft off the floor on a stand. It just sets there in an air conditioned house at the end of the bed.

I think a BIG hammer will premently fix the problem. I am so tired of fixing things. Products are designed to self distruct so you have to buy another one this keeps the manufacture in business. I am surprised electronics companies have not built in self distruct programs to make sure their product self distructs on time. This is why I buy OLD things on EBay they are already 50 years old and last longer than the new items. I bought a nice 1950s toaster and a 1950s lawn mower at yard sales I trashed my new 2 year old lawn mower.

Last edited:
That's because that stuff was expensive in the old days, they could make quality.
These days, if they make a expensive quality product, and a similar cheap crappy product - every one buys the cheap product so they stop making quality...

It's the consumer who votes - with his wallet.

That's because that stuff was expensive in the old days, they could make quality.
These days, if they make a expensive quality product, and a similar cheap crappy product - every one buys the cheap product so they stop making quality...

It's the consumer who votes - with his wallet.

I have learned the quality product is the best, you never have to buy another one.

It's possible that the circuit that does the inter-channel muting is mucked up as well.

Don't you have one of those new subscription models where you pay the manufacturer $100 per year to keep it working? You know they send you a PC program that you have to download to the TV to reset the "break just after the warranty is up" bit.

I am surprised electronics companies have not built in self distruct programs to make sure their product self distructs on time

Your TV obviously has this program installed already !!

the problem may not with the audio IC! if it was you would not get any sound from the tv!.. Looks like it was programed to become into this level!.. Is there built in programs in the tv? My philips tv has 999 programs

Sounds like something is getting hot. A freezer spray may help locate the fault.

Mike.

I agree. Good advise +1.
Sounds like the Audio IC is taking strain/damaged. Start there with Freezing Spray first.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back