Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV remote pic and clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I am trying to substitute my tv remote with a pic, so far i got the LED's wired to the pin out, all i need to copy is the power button though( I want it to be universal for all tv's if i can)

I am also pulsing the 40khz signal with the pic too(12f510), is this ok?
also i am running of the internal clock(2MHz), during a test though when i want it to wait 1uS I am noticing that the timing is a little off, is that normal, is it the internal clock inaccuracy or maybe my scope.?

To trace the original signal I used my pic886 with an IR sensor on pinC4 and this code....(IRreader886)

then recorded the on/off time to which i got 7 pulses(since it is inverted, first pulse is LEDon, but C4 is off on detector)

(off , on)
25ms7ms, 1ms1ms, 1ms,1ms, 5ms,0ms 5ms,12ms 0ms1ms, 5ms1ms,

does that seem right(6bits for remote code)?

How can i get the pic to rip the code proper then repeat it?

Check my PIC tutorial, it gives suitable hardware, and software for Sony SIRC remote control. It's easy though to transmit any IR remote signal, I've done RC5, RC6 and Sharp as well.

To read the original data use the PicKit2 Logic Analyser, it's great for reading remote control data from an IR receiver.

Your pulse scheme above looks far too simple to be correct.

awsome, as soon as you said logic tool i was like woe wat! I got it going but it doesn't seem to react with my TSOP39388(but i'll figure that one out)

I wonder about my code type though, my tv is a Hitachi big screen(from when they first came out), I have seen the RC5 & 6 quite a bit, are they the generics?

also i wonder about codes, I will need to do my own since:
A)the IRleds are wired through transistor to pin3(GP4/osc2), so i have no ir board, all read data is pre-programmed, and PIC needs to generate the 40khz
B)I am only concerned with the power button code
C) i use basic over c

last but not least I am using internal clock, can i trust the time accuracy, would external be more sufficent? and will my code drag out read times,

*edit* (last part) will code length affect LED flash frequency ie) to get my IRRX to respond i used setporton/setportoff 12x or so instead of using a repeating loop or a wait command for each 9uS pulse

......also i get error when i use wait command with vairable in uS......?

*update: i got it up, here is my code now:

what kind of code could it be......also it may be inverted?
that is 58mS long right?
do i need that full pulse train?

Attachments

• IRcodeHITACHI.jpg
    IRcodeHITACHI.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 199
Yes, you need the entire pulse train - the output from a TSOP is active low - so I suspect your sample is inverted (which is actually how you would transmit it).

ok, i figured out that im using the NEC protocall, but as you can see i have ripped the code but the tv still dont respond(and GF won't let me open it to attach a probe),

here is my pulse codes using a 18f886 with the following code:

and here are my pulse scans, one with the remote, and one with my IR gun,

how accurate a signal do i need to get this thing goin?

Attachments

• IRtest886.asm
    2 KB · Views: 139
  • remote coderemote.png
    remote coderemote.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 156
  • remote codegun.png
    remote codegun.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 159
aCK! those two horizontal lines posted(right above the code) vertical are my 2 signals(bmp) captured off the TSOP( one from the actual remote and one from the PIC IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back