Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV plug wire sparks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowowee

Hi, I have a minor problem with my CRT TV. The plug will spark if I turn on the TV. I'm planning to replace the plug with a plug of a VCD player. Can I do this?

It's not clear to me on where the problem lies. I'd encourage you to consult with someone locally to be sure the problem is understood and the right corrective action taken. The solution you propose may or may not be safe. I am guessing that this is something unfamiliar to you based on your question.

Assuming that you mean the lead that connects from the wall outlet to the TV (AC Line Cord)

You haven't said the size of the TV.
If the wires on the the replacement cord are similar to the existing then you should OK. Make sure the wire doesn't overheat or that your circuit breaker doesn't trip. (The TV may draw a high current breifly due the deguassing coil which demagnetises the CRT every time the TV is switched on from cold).

Usually AC line cords tend to all be of a similar size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back