Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djtaylor1

Hi

I'm about to investigate why my Sony TV won't respond to the IR control. That works on a different TV, TV won't respond to other control.

It could be a bad connection in the interconnect cable or dry joint or whatever but the circuit is absolutely trivial. From the IR board it goes straight to an input pin of an 8051 microcontroller. I do have the service manual.

Should this turn out to be a duff IC on the IR board, what's a good source of TV parts? Preferably mail order and DIY'er friendly?

The only part on the IR board is an IC which i've tracked down as being a National Semiconductor BX1387 and appears to be an all in one IR Diode, with an op amp followed by some shaping. It only has 3 pins.

David.

How about the IR reciever lense?

Have you tried cleaning it?

I had a moment of inspiration this morning. Figured I'd try yet another control and discovered the problem was batteries in the original remote. :rolleyes:

The reason why I went for the technical angle was that I'm know I tried swapping the controls between TV's before. Maybe the second TV has a more sensitive IR receiver. The problem also coincided with me moving the TV slightly on the table and I put 2 and 2 together and got 5 by assuming that there was a circuit problem with the IR receiver. Thinking about it now, it might have just changed the azimuth of the receiver to the remote by just enough I guess.

Thanks for the comment anyway. I'm not too proud to check if something's plugged in first and I don't mind the easy solution first.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back