Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV- Lines in the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson777717

Heya folks!
Another favor?
I have a buddy who has a TV that shows the picture properly except there are horizontal lines running through the picture. I don't know much about how TV's work, but I though I might be able to help my buddy, using the knowledge I have, doing a little studying, and any assistance that you folks may have.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing these horizontal lines in the picture, and how I can adjust so to eliminate these lines.

I appreciate your time! Have a great one!

Johnson777717 said:
Heya folks!
Another favor?
I have a buddy who has a TV that shows the picture properly except there are horizontal lines running through the picture. I don't know much about how TV's work, but I though I might be able to help my buddy, using the knowledge I have, doing a little studying, and any assistance that you folks may have.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing these horizontal lines in the picture, and how I can adjust so to eliminate these lines.

You probably don't adjust it, it's most likely caused by a fault.

They sound like flyback lines, first place to check is the frame output stage, particularly electrolytic capacitors. Usually there are two largish ones, a coupling capcitor (1000uF or so) and a bootstrap capacitor (220uF or so), either can cause this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back