Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tv connected to Pc problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkelno

Hi

I just connected my tv to my computer. No problems there at all.

Though after about 5 minutes, my Tv changes between the HDMI and the regular Tv channels. It is very annoying, especially if I'm watching a movie, and I can't seem to figure out a way to make it stop.

Any idea?

I don't get what you are saying? HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transmitting uncompressed digital data.

So I assume your PC has a HDMI output and using a HDMI cable you are running the PC HDMI out to the TV HDMI input. Then on the TV you are selecting that specific HDMI input. Most sets have multiple HDMI inputs and you choose the one you want the TV to use. There are no channels involved at this point. The HDMI is strictly an interface between the PC and the TV.

When you mention channels I assume the TV is (without being told to) switching between your selected HDMI input and another input be it a different HDMI port or other port connected to a set top cable box or antenna or other input source.

If you choose the HDMI port and disconnect the computer what happens? Does the TV still decide after 5 min (or whatever) to look to a different port? Are the video settings (resolution etc) you are using from the PC correct for the TV's HDMI and display?

Ron

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. But yes, my Tv decides to change between two input sources.

My resolution and so forth is all working nicely with my Tv. And no, I haven't had this problem at any other time. It started when I connected my Tv.

My first guess and only a guess would be a focus on the IR receiver in the set being defective. You may want to try a Google using the set make and model to see if others are experiencing the same or similar problem. The next possible would be stray IR from the remote or other remote device. The remote uses IR pulse to communicate with the set. Possibly somehow something is transmitting IR and the set is receiving it. Either way, I would guess an IR problem, either a faulty IR receiver on the set or something around the set transmitting an IR signal when it shouldn't.

If it is possible to find where the IR receiver is on the set you could set it up and then cover or block the receiver IR window and see if the problem persist. That would tell you if the source is external or internal to the set.

One final thought would be a problem with the sets firmware. This would show up with a Google if there was a firmware upgrade to fix the problem.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back