Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV Base and Treble control

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I have noticed sometimes a TV show will have very low frequency sound. Not sure what that is about it must have something to do with the sound producer removing all the high frequency sounds. This makes if hard to understand what people are saying with no high frequency sound. The back of a TV has and Audio Out plug, I want to use that to some how get base and treble control so I can reduce low frequency sound.

Another thing I have noticed but not very ofter sometimes the music is too loud to hear what people are saying in the TV show or movie. I don't know if this problem can be fixed or not.

TV broadcasters use audio processing equipment which is calibrated at a certain way and responds differently to different source material equalization. Connect your home stereo input to that audio out jack and you will be able to control tonality at will.
Background music too loud during dialogs is nothing more than goofing of the audio recording engineer at the production/editing process, cannot fix it simply.

Do you know if your TV has tone controls? What is the make and model?

Do you know if your TV has tone controls? What is the make and model?

We have a 2 year old VIZIO and we just bought a brand new VIZIO with internet capable for Netflix. I notice Masterpiece Mystery has a lot of very low frequency on both TVs even the women sound like men talking.

We have a 2 year old VIZIO and we just bought a brand new VIZIO with internet capable for Netflix. I notice Masterpiece Mystery has a lot of very low frequency on both TVs even the women sound like men talking.
You didn't give the model numbers so I can't state for sure, but they likely have some tone control capability. Look under the audio menu. There also may be some type of bass boost option that you can turn off, if it is on.

If you can, boost the signals around 1kHz to 2kHz. That will generally make voices easier to understand.

Many movies have the background music way too loud because they were rehearsed over and over so many times that the producer and sound engineer know what will be spoken next and assume that the audience also will know.

My local TV station cuts high audio frequencies from the "anchor announcers" in the studio for the evening news. Their important consonant sounds of speech are missing (much worse than a telephone or AM radio) which makes their speech difficult to understand what is being said. The reporters out in the field have normal high frequencies and commercials also have normal high frequencies up to 15kHz.

Some men (from some countries) sound like women speaking in a high pitch but I have never heard a woman who sounds like a man speaking with a deep low pitch voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back