Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turning lt1308 into current source switching reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxOnTheRun

About this Linear Technology - LT1308A/B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter

I'm trying to convert it into a stable (and controllable) current source.

Do you have any suggestion on how to trick it's FB pin and build a suitable current feedback network?

But, more in general, is it possible to turn a generic switching ic. trycking it's voltage feedback pin? (more interested in this answer)

Maybe, could someone of you provide some excerpt from books, theory and so on? I'm finding only some clues via google, but nothing that could boost me inside a real current controlled schema :(

Thanks.

About this Linear Technology - LT1308A/B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter

I'm trying to convert it into a stable (and controllable) current source.

Do you have any suggestion on how to trick it's FB pin and build a suitable current feedback network?

But, more in general, is it possible to turn a generic switching ic. trycking it's voltage feedback pin? (more interested in this answer)

Maybe, could someone of you provide some excerpt from books, theory and so on? I'm finding only some clues via google, but nothing that could boost me inside a real current controlled schema :(

Thanks.

I took the LT1308A test Jig supplied by Linear, and did the obvious thing of using the voltage drop across a sense resistor for the feedback. Note that the internal reference voltage is ~1.2V, so this puts 100mA through the two LEDs. It simulates fine, but you will have to breadboard it. Note the current drawn from the source...

Attachments

• 1308ac.png
    1308ac.png
    45 KB · Views: 190
Thanks! meanwhile I'm doing some homework, here's my first try.. but I'm not getting quite right the feedback network.. still working on it (any suggestion?)

Tnx!

Attachments

• lt1308-first-try.png
    lt1308-first-try.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back