Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turn off circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiran_03

I would like to ask for a design for my project, I made a motion sensing system and it works but my prof ask for revision.. Once it detect something I need it will trigger the alarm, but the alarm is manually turn off. My prof request to make a design to turn off it automatically... Do you have any design similar to my problem,… I’m currently working on the relay and capacitor for timer and switches but I haven’t finish making on it.

Thank you,…

It would help in answering your request if you posted a schematic of your current circuit design.

Ken

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand here. You say you have an alarm. That alarm, you want to shut down whenever it goes off. Then you simply don't need an alarm it it's purpose is to be shout down everytime it normally would activate.
An alarm is supposed to be noisy until security personal or owner shut it down.

I do have my own theory about this, but it's pretty nasty, so I keep it for myself if answer si provided py thread starter :)

I would like to ask for a design for my project, I made a motion sensing system and it works but my prof ask for revision.. Once it detect something I need it will trigger the alarm, but the alarm is manually turn off. My prof request to make a design to turn off it automatically... Do you have any design similar to my problem,… I’m currently working on the relay and capacitor for timer and switches but I haven’t finish making on it.

Thank you,…

I also am not sure what you are doing or what your teacher expects but if the object is to have the motion sensor trigger an audible alarm and then have the audible run a preset time and then automatically shut off you could use a 555 timer chip. Take a look **broken link removed** Scroll down and look at the mono-stable version. Have your sensor trigger the 555 and allow the timer to drive the alarm. Again, just guessing what you are trying to do.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back